Potomac Audio is Bob Troutman’s private recording studio. Bob has been playing keyboards in bands since high school. Bob’s band work has been primarily in agency dance music bands, with side journeys into jazz and funk. Bob’s original compositions are primarily in the rock and jazz genres.
Potomac Audio has been used to record individuals and groups since 2000. A labor of love, Potomac Audio has evolved over the years to become a top notch recording environment.
Bob is an electronics engineer and software developer by day, making the transition to studio engineering an easy one.
For those keeping score, here are some of the bands Bob has led or played in:
- 2013 - 2016. Hurricane Horns, a 7-piece club band.
- 2000 - 2016. Kaleidoscope, a 10-piece high energy dance band.
- 1989 - 1993. Early Warning, a 5-piece funk and dance band.
- 1979 - 1983. Flight 009 / Starflight. A 9-piece dance band that evolved into a 6-piece band.
- 1976 - 1978. Mack Sally, a 5-piece dance band.
- 1975 - 1976. Izmism, a 6-piece jazz-funk band.
- 1972 - 1974. Penny Lane, a 4-piece Top-40 band.
- 1970 - 1972. John Bradford & Co., a 4-piece rock band.